Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Tengerism Prayers

Preparing the Altar
Translation of Khorchin Shaman's songs
Inner Mongolia

Place the High Table in the center,
O ancestors.
The sacred light is bright.
The followers kneel to pray,
O ancestors,
With honor we call to you.
We have set you a throne with a fine tiger skin,
O ancestors,
Light one stick of incense.
The followers knee to pray,
O ancestors,
The rattling drum is sounding.

God's Descent
Translation from the Mongolian

Round the three-sided tent
He has circled three times.
Counting 33 tent poles,
He is now descending.
Round the four-walled guest-house
He has circled four times,
Counting 48 rafters.
Oh come and be with us!
Oh Lord, come with light!
Light shines on my hair,
Through my body and joinings,
The Lord is flowing into me!
The Lord is descending down as a mist.
A halo is forming over my head.
Lord borrows my body:
I carry the Lord.


Thanks to Amu Gulong, Hurelbaatav, Ouzuchimeg and Kevin Stuart.
Text provided by Marguerite E. Garner, ©2000.

[LINK]

No comments: